This notice explains how Firepits UK Ltd will treat your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and will only use it in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to make sure you are aware of and happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2022.
Information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
• information about your computer and your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
• information you provide so you can buy from us (including your contact details)
• any other information you choose to send to us
We also use several WooCommerce and Wordpress Plugins in our pages and online store and all of these programs might collect, save and share your personal information based on their privacy policies.
Card payment details are not stored on our website or our business systems. The payment is processed through our secure payment provider, Paypal.
We use Google Analytics to analyse how people use this website and to help us make it perform better. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers.
By using this website you agree to us placing cookies on your computer or any other device you use to access this website.
We use both persistent cookies and session cookies on this website. The persistent cookies recognise you when you visit the website and the session cookies keep track of you while you navigate it.
Session cookies will automatically be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will be stored on your computer until you delete them or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
• process your order
• keep internal records
• administer the website
• send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
• send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
• send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you. You can tell us at any time if you no longer wish to receive these
• deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to Firepits UK Ltd
• improve our products and services
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing unless we have your express consent to do so.
International data transfers
The information you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
However, data transmission via email is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information sent in this way.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
You can instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may email us at any time to instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes by unsubscribing to our newsletter email.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. A small administration fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.